Sunday, July 20, 2008

Traffic School!

So, I'm in the middle of taking an online traffic school/defensive driving course right now and I thought I would blog about how much I hate it!!!!  First of all I'm mad that I got the ticket in the first place!  I should mention, in my 12 years of driving I've never gotten a ticket!  They put one of those SUV's with the camera's on the highway in a 55 zone right before it goes to 65 so of course everybody is speeding up.  I get the stupid ticket in the mail with my lovely picture and now I have to do traffic school so it doesn't go on my record.
   I started traffic school earlier today right when I put Evan down for his nap thinking, surely I'll have enough time!  Uh, no!  It took me an hour just to register and then I had to send in all of these forms to the school so they could approve me to take the class which they said could take up to 24 hours!  So, I set aside this block of time and I can't even do it during that block of time!
   So I get the stuff faxed to them and they finally send me an email telling me that I can start the course.  So I started, they said it's a 4 1/2 hour course.  I'm thinking, oh, I can do it in 2 hours, uh wrong!  Each page is timed!  So I can't move on to the next page until the time runs out.  I'm a fast reader and would like to move on but can't, so I thought I would blog about how annoying it is in between my pages while I'm waiting for my time to run out :)  And by the way, I just learned that "Bad Attitudes Can Kill on the road" and  a Red Light means STOP!  I leave that with you!

5 comments:

The Picketts said...

WOW - seriously....WOW. I had to SIT through an 8 hour class on a SATURDAY to do a defensive driving school one time....however, I was able to doze periodically through that. What you've got is much much worse, I think! Good luck with that, my friend!

John and Dana Lyn said...

Red lights mean STOP?? When did they change THAT rule? ;) You know, when my cousin was getting ready to take her drivers license test we almost had her convinced that there were different types of stop signs... solid red ones are mandatory and the ones with white trim are optional. (Little did she know is that EVERY stop sign has white trim.)

THE BELLS said...

Buddy, so sorry. You were with me when i got my first and only ticket. Wish I could have been with you. Jarom hated the back ground didn't he? Where did it go?

Sarah said...

Lovely--a ticket in the mail. That is pretty retarded. Sorry for your suffering.

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

hahaha ... wow. Sounds like you had so much fun with that experience!! I had to laugh, just because of how you wrote it, though -- you are so funny and cute! I seriously love how they make you wait the entire time between sections -- how lovely of them!! Remind me to tell you about my first time getting pulled over... :D