Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dr. Seuss Tower!

Well we're finally getting over the plague in our house! Evan's on his 5th day of antibiotics and acting normal again, yeah! We've been sick for about 3 weeks now and run the gamut from high fevers, to puking, to, well you know what comes out the other end! Poor guy :( And I finally have my voice back and sore throat gone! It's amazing how you can take your health for granted! I'm so grateful for our good health!

Anyways, I took these pics a couple of weeks ago and they're so hysterical! One of Evan's favorite movies is Horton Hears A Who. We were at Costco meeting Jarom for dinner (yes we love Costco dinners! It was Haleigh's idea!) We were waiting at the entrance by the TVs for Jarom and a particular part of Horton was playing. Can you guess from the pictures what Evan was trying to do the next morning?????

Yes, build a Dr. Seuss tower! For some reason he wanted to reach the fan (we have vaulted ceilings by the way) He first put his stool on the ottoman, hmmm, not tall enough. And then he had a brilliant idea! Build a Dr. Seuss tower like on Horton! I love the close up, he's got a football, a squirt bottle, donosaurs, books, his flute! You can guess from the next picture what happened. He stepped on it and it all fell over :) He said, "Oh man! I can't reach the fan!" He tried a few more configurations but eventually gave up :) I love how kids minds work!
Here's a picture of Haleigh with her new glasses, isn't she cute!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

That's funny, Is it bad that i have purposefully persuaded my children away from Dr. Suess? I cannot stand his books or the movies. The Grinch I can tolerate.....barely.

Are we going to see you in Cali in ApriL?!!!!

Bugg's mama said...

yes, we were in AZ but only for like 2 seconds. (okay, a DAY) but we made a super quick psycho trip to go to a wedding. Bri had to be back for school. But I thought about you!

Unknown said...

That Evan is so funny! Olivia is getting over being sick for four weeks too, and I finally took her to the doctor on Monday and got antibiotics too. She is back to normal now.

Heidi Miller said...

I love the tower! We tried that movie on Alex and he had no interest. Strange.

JSL, ABE&H said...

That is so funny. Aren't kids smart. And that is funny about Costco as well. By the way I am going to start saving for that celine trip because I am bound and determined to come too, I can hardly listen to hallelujah with out crying.

the hamms said...

Man it looks like he has all his energy back now, that sucks. I love reading your posts too, it makes me feel like we are still friends even though we have not talked in like 5 years!!

Lacey said...

Love the Dr. Seuss tower, hilarious! Kids are always getting sick, it is such a pain in the rear. At least he is not in school yet or you'd be dealing with what I'm dealing with... Kayson's teacher gave me a lecture about sending her to school with a cough. Coughs last forever! I'm not going to keep her home every freakin time she coughs or she would never be in school! Get off my back Lady! :) Bet you're glad about me venting my lifes frustrations via blog comment...you're welcome ;) Lets hang out soon