Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lizard!

So, Evan's pooping on the potty, and he randomly, non-chalantly says, there's a lizard in the house. I'm thinking he's pretending cause that's his new thing is to go on hunts for pretend animals. I said, oh really buddy? He said, yeah, in the hall by your room. I said, Ok, you wipe your bum and then we'll go find him! So he handles his business and then he grabs my hand and says, now go straight, now turn, now go straight pulling me along. We get to my hallway and he freezes and won't go any farther with a look of terror on his face. I said, come on, lets go find that lizard! He pointed down the hall and said, he's down there. I'm still thinking this is a game so I say, ok I'll go find him. I go down the hall and in my room and sure enough, straight up, there's a lizard! I said, Evan get me a bowl quick! He runs and gets me a bowl and I put it on top of the lizard cause that's what I do for all things I don't deal with and save them for Jarom when he gets home :) Evan grabs a couple of books and we set them on top of the bowl in case the lizard has super human strength of course! Then I said, good job buddy telling mommy about the lizard! Next time tell me right when you see it! How long did he know about the lizard before he decided to tell me. Apparently, taking a dump takes precedence over lizards! He said the cutest thing after, he said, you catch the lizard, and I did a good job getting the bowl and books, we make a good team mom! So sweet, even amidst a lizard catching expedition he can still just melt my heart!

4 comments:

Jolene said...

That is so funny! I do the same thing for Cameron..one time we had a HUGE carpenter bee in our bathroom. I slammed the door shut, stuffed a pillow in the crack and left him all day! Pretty sure animal duty is NOT on my job description! And mother-son teams ARE the best!

Adam and Heather said...

OH MY!!!! I'm so glad that the lizard waiting to appear until after I left!

Emily said...

Evan is just so adorable! He says such cute things. That is crazy to have a lizard in your house. Not something I would want to deal with!

The Picketts said...

So cute! And gross! How did Jarom rescue you? In other words, what happened to the Lizard?
I was just looking at those pics on your sidebar of Evan. Holy Moly he looks soooo little! Good things we're doing pics soon! ha ha ha