Sunday, November 14, 2010

Evan's Testimony

It was fast Sunday last week. Evan was watching as a bunch of kids were going up to bear their testimonies. He whispered, what are they doing mom? I said that they were getting up to talk about how much they love Jesus. He said, I want to do that. I looked at Jarom of course, because anyone who knows me knows I am terrified of speaking in front of people or even having a big crowd's attention on me. My first instinct was to say no and then I realized that I better encourage this from a young age so that he doesn't turn out like me! Jarom said he would take him up. We had no idea what he was going to do or say, we thought he would just get shy when he got up there. He did sooooo great! He wasn't shy at at all, he spoke clearly, and said what Jarom whispered in his ear. I loved every second of it. I am so proud of him. I have always hoped that he would grow up and have the courage and confidence that I don't have to speak in front of people and I think he's on the right track!

5 comments:

JSL, ABE&H said...

Thats awesome! I cannot believe he did it. Abby would do just what you were afraid he would do.

the hamms said...

It is a proud moment when they go up. The first time Roxy wanted to I wa glad we asked what she wanted to say because she told us she wanted to thank Jesus for making her vagina feel better. yeah I am glad we screened her. (Roxy has urine reflux and gets bladder infections very easily)

The O'Neils said...

That is awesome! I emailed you the other day...did you get it?

Bugg's mama said...

What a sweet kid. I would have loved to have been there. I love your new family pictures. They are beautiful!

love, Bree

Anonymous said...

ok somehow I had missed the updates, but I am all up to dat now :) you even inspired me to update ours
can't wait for our visit !!
Evan is such a handsome little boy
sooo sweet and perfect Say hi to jerome for me