Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bye Bye Binky :(

So, the sad day has come. We said bye bye to the binkys! I've been waiting for just the right time and just the right bribery technique :) I haven't really cared because Evan only uses his binky to fall asleep and then I take it for the rest of the night but I figured we have to take them some time. He's been asking for these two trains, Toby and Diesel, to complete his collection forever. I told him as soon as we bought those two trains he was going to have to trade me for the binkys. He said ok! So Auntie Chaundra bought the trains for him, thank you auntie Chaundra! He went around the house collecting, we taped them up in the box and then we mailed them to all the "babies who need binkys" He named off all of his baby friends and we wrote them on the box and then he put them in daddy's car so they could be mailed! He's done pretty good so far. It's taking him a lot longer to fall asleep (a couple hours!) but I'm hoping that will pass as he gets used to it. He came in my room at 6:30 this morning (which is way earlier than normal!) and said in his sweetest morning voice with puffy eyes, "Mom I slept all night like a big boy!" All the anger I was feeling for him waking up at 6:30 in the morning went away cause he was so proud of himself!







5 comments:

THE BELLS said...

he's huge....oh may scary how time flies!!!

Brooke said...

I remember when Ashtyn decided on her own she didn't want a binky anymore. I was so sad just because I knew she was getting big.

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is going to be 3 soon! He looks like such a big boy! Yeah for no more binkies!

Lacey said...

Alas the perfect/over-achiever mom does have a flaw! ;) Yay for the binky farewell, now he's a full grown boy!

JSL, ABE&H said...

very good thinking chuck